When you play at a penny auction site, you have to understand the responsibility that you have to take in. It can be quite tough. In fact, more people lose than win at these places, so knowing how to play effectively, is very essential.
Like most things, there are guidelines and tips that you can utilize as weapons. To better stand a chance against your competition and to somehow guarantee victory, you will have to equip yourself with these 10 tips:
- Determine your strategy. This is a game, first and foremost, and to win you have to have a game plan. Your playing strategy will determine the course and direction of your bidding so you need to determine what kind of bidder you will be, right from the beginning.
- Study your opponents. There are different people and there are different players and if you want to successfully come against the other bidders, you will need to study them closely. Know their playing style and know their strategies so you can match them.
- Study the site. Apart from studying the other bidders, you need to study the site you are actually playing in so that you can match your playing strategy with the specific rules that are set.
- Use your free bids wisely. Penny auction sites always give free bids. You can use these bids anytime but they are best used when you are starting at a site and still figuring out your playing rhythm and strategy.
- Play with players of the same level as you are. If you are a beginner, settle into a beginner auction, so that you do not get pushed around by the bigger and more experienced players.
- Use the bidding software. To be able to play a better hand and to be more powerful at bidding, you can choose to utilize the bidding software or bidding concierge, which is a software that allows you to make automatic bids.
- Create a good username. When you create your account, you will be asked to create a profile name and this name will not only be your identifier, it will set the tone and mood for your competition. An intimidating name may not bring you much but it can help, so you have to be a little creative.
- Enjoy the game. Penny auction sites are meant for a lot of things, but mostly they are set specifically to bring some fun and excitement to the banalities of purchasing. It is a game and you can lose, making it difficult, but you made a decision to take this path so the most you can do is to just enjoy it.
- Play to win. Yes you are here to enjoy but do not forget that you came here to win and you cannot win without the right willingness to compete.
- Do not just play anywhere. There are many penny auction sites and each one is different from one another so you have to carefully weigh your option. Look into the features and offers, and make sure to go for the site that best matches your need and preference.
Ever since it was introduced, the popularity of penny auction sites has climbed and because of this, there has been an increase in the number of different site. This makes it both good and bad. This is good because consumers are given more options, but it is bad because this makes the decision-making process even more complicated.
With some variety you just have to be quite aware of certain characteristics that should make a penny auction site, a good find:
1. Legitimacy: This is the most important thing would be to investigate on the legitimacy of the site. The reputation of the owner and any licenses, that is necessary.
2. Big ticket items: A good penny auction should be able to offer big ticket items. Most new sites make winning such ticket items easier to win and this makes bidding so much more interesting for players. A good auction site should be willing to make an expensive investment.
3. Less competition: It is quite risky and wasteful to play at a site where there are too many people trying to bid for a single item. This lessens your chances of winning, definitely making your bids worth nothing at all.
4. Customer service: Reliable customer assistance is always good to have because it affords a favourable experience for users. Problems occur all the time and it is comforting to know that help is always available.
5. Free bids: Although you are not exactly expected to do gain much from free bids, you can easily make use of your free bids to try out the site.
While some people do not have good things to say about penny auctions, there are a group of people who would be quick to say the opposite because this is the truth: although risky, penny auctions give you the opportunity to afford something that is normally expensive and put yourself at risk because it is exciting and because there is always this chance that you could win.
When you decide to play in a penny auction site, to you have to be prepared for anything and one way of doing that would be to equip yourself some helpful guidelines:
- Know the product. Surely you want that flat screen television or that amazing iPad on auction. Before you get too excited, however, you have to know the product first. Read the description completely and make sure not to miss and skip anything. Know the real selling price of the item so that you can be guided when you are placing your bids.
- Be wary of the seller. There are different kinds of penny auction sites. Some sites are good enough to trust but some may be questionable. If you are having second thoughts then you should trusts your instincts. To be certain, investigate on the auction site, its owners and so forth. This will make you feel more at ease and give you the right confidence.
- Choose the right payment scheme. Will you be going for a money wiring service or are you going to use your credit card? A credit card may be more safe for you because you can always file a dispute with your issuer.
Displaying entries 1-3 of 3 |